Join Liberal Democrat MEP Catherine Bearder and other candidates for a European Election Hustings in central Oxford on Friday 17 May at 7pm.
This event is being organised the Oxfordshire Region of the European Movement UK, independently of the political parties and candidates.
For further information and to apply for (free) tickets, please click here.
The European Movement describe the event as follows:
"Oxford Region of the European Movement UK, in a neutral, non-partisan role, has invited all contesting parties and Independent candidates in the South East Region to take part.
Speakers confirmed are
- Change UK: Richard Ashworth MEP, No. 1 on his party's regional list. Former Leader of the Conservative Party MEPs.
- Conservative Party: Juliette Ash, No. 5 on her party's regional list. She lives in Oxford and was her party's Parliamentary candidate for Pontypridd in 2017.
- Green Party: Elise Benjamin, No. 2 on her party's regional list. Former Lord Mayor of Oxford.
- Independent: Michael Turberville, who lives in Reading where he is a local campaigner.
- Labour Party: John Howarth MEP, No. 1 on his party's regional list. He succeeded Anneliese Dodds MEP when she was elected as an MP in 2017. John is driving up from Tunbridge to be with us, and Emma Turnbull (No. 4 on the regional list), County Councillor for University Parks, will stand in if he's delayed.
- Liberal Democrats: Catherine Bearder MEP, No. 1 on her party's regional list. She lives in Oxford, where she was a county councillor.
- Socialist Party of Great Britain: Mike Foster, No. 5 on his party's regional list. He lives in Birmingham.
- UK European Union Party: Angela Antetomaso, No 4 on her party's regional list for London. She is an anchor host and journalist on CNBC, the business and financial news television channel which airs across Europe.
We're awaiting replies from The Brexit Party, UKIP, and the other two Independents, and very much look forward to hearing from them all. Statements will be invited in the event that attendance is not possible.
This event is not part of a European Movement campaign or of the People's Vote campaign, nor are we encouraging support of one party or another. All points of view are respected and all are welcome.
The event will be under a neutral chairperson, known and respected in the community, the Rev. Bob Wilkes, formerly Lord Mayor's Chaplain and Vicar of St Michael's at the Northgate, a former Dean of Birmingham, and former Chair of Oxford Faiths Forum.
The event is free but donations to help defray costs will be very welcome. To meet fire regulations, bookings are encouraged.
The event will be held in the Sanctuary (the Church, not the Hall), so please enter by the church's main door (wheelchair access).
We want as many people as possible to exercise their democratic right on May 23. So please tell your friends, neighbours, and workmates about this event on Friday May 17 and encourage them to come along, and then to place their Xs on the ballot paper the following Thursday."
New Inn Hall Street
Oxford OX1 2DH
Google map and directions