Jane Hanna has lived locally for 23 years and is sitting County Councillor for Grove and Wantage. She has worked alongside local schools and projects throughout the pandemic and has been instrumental in setting up work programs that have helped local residents.
Jane is a strong voice for Grove and Wantage, highlighting local issues at the highest levels. Whether at Council, or standing up to developers.
She is currently working on a County TaskForce for Youth, and on another scrutinising NHS and Social Care for our local area. She has a deep understanding of this area and also volunteers as a befriender, who support local families in crisis. The work she does in this field has made her aware of painful gaps in provision.
She is a chief executive of a national health charity, SUDEP Action, based in Wantage, who deliver innovative services and technologies that are helping keep people safe and improving lives across the UK and internationally.
Formerly a barrister, a law fellow at Oxford University, Deputy Mayor of Wantage, Vale District Councillor and non-executive Director in the local NHS. Jane received an OBE in recognition of her services to families. She is married to Andy and has enjoyed walks in the local countryside with their teenage daughter and their dog Woody.
Successful campaigns and funded projects delivered through hard work throughout the year
· Local site for Contact Test and Trace at the Beacon open now for all public facing workers
· Priority funds to a range of local charities and community groups services facing increased need and increased costs
· Working alongside local schools, our local SWEATBOX youth service and our local GROW parenting service. Enabling through funding and working with others Free School Meals Vouchers and lap tops at local schools; a pilot Wantage nurturing project for teachers and families and a project extending youth support
· Safer streets with pedestrianisation of West end of Wantage Market Place; a new Pedestrian Crossing at Grove and new 30 mile per hour limits introduced; white lines at Portway
· Denchworth Road; Ham Road; Ickleton Road resurfaced
· 5 new Bus stops in Grove and Wantage
Jane Hanna is your County Council candidate for Grove & Wantage