Jenny Hannaby is a retired businesswoman who has at various points represented the electors of Wantage and Grove for over 20 years at Town, District and County level.
Raised locally, she is renowned for fighting determinedly and with the energy it deserves. Jenny is the Lib Dem spokesman for Adult Social Services and Public Health and also led a deep dive TaskForce at the County Council reviewing the state of the roads.
As Chair of the Wantage Health Committee, she has led an active stakeholder group campaigning for the Wantage Community Hospital, and fighting for improved services in health and social care. She is also a trustee of the Wantage Hospital League of Friends and Wantage Care Home.
A Governor of Stockham School, Jenny is also a trustee of the Independent Advice Service, President and organizer of their local Poppy Appeal of the local Royal British Legion and serves on a wide range of other organizations from the Neighbourhood Action Group to the Literary Festival and much more!
Successful campaigns and funded projects delivered through hard work throughout the year
· Local site for Contact Test and Trace at the Beacon open now for all public facing workers
· Priority funds to a range of local charities and community groups services facing increased need and increased costs
· Working alongside local schools, our local SWEATBOX youth service and our local GROW parenting service. Enabling through funding and working with others Free School Meals Vouchers and lap tops at local schools; a pilot Wantage nurturing project for teachers and families and a project extending youth support
· Safer streets with pedestrianisation of West end of Wantage Market Place; a new Pedestrian Crossing at Grove and new 30 mile per hour limits introduced; white lines at Portway
· Denchworth Road; Ham Road; Ickleton Road resurfaced
· 5 new Bus stops in Grove and Wantage
Jenny Hannaby is your County Council candidate for Grove & Wantage